Thursday, February 8, 2007

Another Good Day


Yesterday Ashlynn had her dance lesson. So far, with the exception of one time, Randy has been able to watch the two boys while I take her. He was on shift yesterday though, so the boys had to come with. Ryder packed his backpack full of trucks so he would have something to play with while we waited. He was so sweet, he asked the other kids who there waiting if they wanted to play and shared all of his trucks with them too! It was so cute to watch him get all the kids playing so us moms could chat. When we got home I set him up on the counter and told him I needed to "talk" to him. He looked at me with some concern, but I quickly told him how proud I was of him for sharing his toys and inviting all of the kids to play with him; he just got this huge grin on his face and gave me a great big hug-what a special moment!
Gage has been the sweetest, funniest baby lately! Randy was holding him Tuesday night and he was just "talking" away. Randy wanted to me to get it on camera, so maybe I'll learn how to put that on here one of these days :-). Gage is so content just hanging out with us and going about our crazy days just smiling. Lynnie can always get him to laugh and she loves 'taking care' of him for me. Yesterday was a big deal too, he got his first oat ring (like cheerios) and he really liked them. He's still not a big fan of the oatmeal (I make it homemade), just likes "mommy" for now. I'm sure in few months that will change, I enjoy the special time I have with him-just the two of us (with the kids playing all around)!
I also have to brag on Randy-I know this post is getting long..but; he had his annual Captain's review on Monday and received an Outstanding!! Only two others Captains have ever received that, I am soooo proud. It was like pulling teeth to get the info out of him, but he finally let me read the paperwork on it and I was so amazed. He does such an awesome job at work and I know I don't always give him the credit that is due. Often, I get so absorbed in what I am doing at home I forget to ask him how his day was. Hopefully, this will be a good reminder for me to be a wife and mother that "builds up" and not "tears down" (sometimes I think just not saying anything is the same thing)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's like, the cutest kid... ever.

~Beks