Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!!!


I'll Never Fully Comprehend....



Even though I am fully grown,
raising children of my own,
I'll never fully comprehend
the depth of your love and sacrifice


Mom, how did you ever manage to dress us (beautifully!), do our hair, teach us, and haul us here and there?

They say each generation has it easier than the last,
though raising seven kids could never be an easy task.
I do believe I have it easier,
that's why I'll never fully comprehend
the depth of your love and sacrifice.


Mom, where did your patience to educate us, cross borders for us and stay at home with us come from? How were you able to care for us so much, that even as number four, I felt like number one? How did you manage to hear God's voice and trust Him with the life He created for me?

How can parents ever let their children go?
This is one thing I think I know.
You don't let them out of your heart
even if by distance you are apart.
It's holding on to every memory, treasuring every today
and having confidence we will try to find a way
to begin to payback what
can never be fully comprehended.


My love, respect and awe for you grows everyday in time spent with my own children. My gratitude runs deeper than the depths of the sea and my love, admiration and amazement will never cease.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

2 comments:

Deborah Hays said...

When I read this, the tears began to fall like you would not believe! I feel as though I don't deserve such precious words. I am so grateful that the Lord over rode my own decision making on how many kids He would eventually bless me with. EVERY one of you were truly His gift to me. At times I wondered? (smile) But I look at each one of you today and I cannot thank Him enough. And THANK you for giving to me the wonder and blessing of your own children and husband (even though he didn't have a choice). I am indeed a blessed woman.
Thank you Elizabeth. Loving you always, mom

TheFitnessFreak said...

Gee, that'll be easy to outdo! Way to make my life just a little harder:)