Thursday, May 10, 2007

Today

Today I ran a million errands and spent what felt like a million bucks. As the cashier at Costco rattle off my total, I realized it was same total at the previous three stops: $100!!!! Thankfully, I will get reimbursed for some of things as the official "Mother's Day and Ryder's Birthday shopper". The worst was filling up my gas tank, $38.00-ouch (I drive a 4 cylinder compact car; it should cost $15.00!!!).

We met up with D & L and the boys to celebrate Mother's Day. Randy is on shift Sunday and tonight worked best for everyone. My brother-in-laws are the sweetest bunch of guys. They all gave me a card and $$ with strict instruction to spend it on myself (shoes are in my forecast!!). They gave a ton of hugs and went on and on about what an great mom I am (if they only knew...I have my not so good moments people). Now if only one of them (or all of them) would get married so we could balance out the 'Sunday after church lunch', girl to boy ratio in that household (thank goodness Auntie Coleen and Auntie Paula come over!).

Off to work in my sewing room, I am attempting to finish a dress for Mother's Day, we'll see......

4 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

How nice to have such a great second family!

Deborah Hays said...

You are fortunate indeed. I think you will always be the favorite one Elizabeth. You have been with them now for such a long time. I'm sure they think of you as truly their sister and daughter. Both sides are very blessed. Have a wonderful Mother's day Elizabeth. You ARE a great mom.

Love, mom

Anonymous said...

Liz,
Don't sell yourself short you are an awsome MOM! I have decided that every store has now become the $100.00 store, because no matter where you go or what you buy it's $100.00. Oh by the way $58.00 to fill up my van big "ouch", the reason we got rid of Jeff's truck and he has the van now.
Love you guy's,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day early!

I hear you on the $100 @ each store! It's crazy how it all adds up so fast!