Friday, June 29, 2007

Apparently we don't get out as much?!?

Randy and I decided to pool our Anniversary money/gift cards/stock options/life insurance cash value/firstborn to eat at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. We had never been there before and the food was really good; we both agreed though, that it wasn't worth the price and it wasn't exactly our kind of atmosphere.

First of all, I don't like people standing and watching me while I eat. I appreciate that you want to keep my glass full of the 6.95 a bottle "spring water" (I can get a case of it for 4.77 at Costco people!) and you want a good tip, but just back away. Poor Randy on the other hand couldn't get a glass of tea to save his life. It took asking the "assistant server" and the real server twice each!!

Second, the music. I haven't spent my life avoiding cheesy jazz music to be subjected to hearing it while trying to eat. It reminded me of the days at dad's store when Pat would be upstairs in the office blasting her elevator music. Didn't we all just dread having to do school work up there while waiting for mom to return from the grocery store? There's nothing like feeling stuck between the second and third floor of a department store for an entire afternoon.

Honestly, the food was good, but we probably would not go back unless it was free.

After our dinner we cruised to the movie theater to catch Ocean's 13. We called ahead and found out the showtime (well, we called mom, who graciously looked it up on the internet for us-I love modern technology) and I pulled out our free AMC movie tickets that have been in my purse since Christmas. As I proudly spread them out at the ticket counter and requested two for the 9:30 showing, the nice clerk informed me they were not an AMC Theater.

Oops.

It was one of those embarrassing little moments like ordering a 'Happy Meal' from Wendy's and then requesting it "to go" in the drive-thru. Fortunately, I had one free ticket in my purse for that theater from when Paula and I watched The Pursuit of Happyness with almost no sound (it was actually kind of nice). A bit sheepishly, I walked back to the ticket counter and settled on the 9:40 showing, thanks.

Apparently, we don't get out much.

4 comments:

Deborah Hays said...

Why in the world did you order water???? I always tell them no thank you, tap is just fine with me. Dad and I go there so often! :-) Aaron paid for dad and I, Toni and Gary, plus him and Nicole! I bet that guy is STILL paying. (Thanks heaps Aaron, I loved it!) Anyway, I hope your meal was yummy. Did you like the movie? Thanks for always sharing. Love, mom

P.S. Take note, let's see if dad responds again.

Deborah Hays said...

Why in the world did you order water???? I always tell them no thank you, tap is just fine with me. Dad and I go there so often! :-) Aaron paid for dad and I, Toni and Gary, plus him and Nicole! I bet that guy is STILL paying. (Thanks heaps Aaron, I loved it!) Anyway, I hope your meal was yummy. Did you like the movie? Thanks for always sharing. Love, mom

P.S. Take note, let's see if dad responds again.

Bekah said...

You kill me!

Well, you beat me though. I've never been to Ruth Chris.

You're so muffy buffy now.

Anonymous said...

Wow I would say you need to go to Ruths Chris in Chicago, they don't play Cheesy Jazz music. There is something wrong with having to order everything on your plate alacarte, and paying alot of money when we could probably grill up better steaks at home. But now you can say you've been there. Jeff and I went there for our first anniversary and have'nt been back yet because I think we just paid that dinner off last week. :) Again Happy Anniversary!!! Look forward to seeing you guys next week.
Lisa