Monday, September 17, 2007

The speech....

Saturday I spoke on fitness and nutrition at our young women's conference through church. It was my first true public speaking engagement and I was a bit nervous. Partially due to the topic (not the fave of most people) and also just wanting to get the good info out there without fumbling about. Thankfully I didn't get flushed and remembered most everything I wanted to share. Having two very broad topics and only a half an hour made it a good thing I talk fast :-)! Paula helped me big time with my hand-outs and Power Point slideshow, I so owe her!! Thanks again to Colie for all of her help!!

On another note, our next festival is in two weeks, so back to the sewing room I go. Mom finished an adorable full apron this week. Also, we are adding purses to our line and as soon as I finish the one I am working on will post it to lizzie M.. Check back this week!

4 comments:

Trina said...

I have looked at your aprons. They are so beautiful. It makes the art of caring for our families more beautiful and respectable. Keep up the great work!

Lizzie M. said...

Thanks Trina!!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Glad you have a speech writer on the payroll? :)

Lizzie M. said...

It's such a huge payroll too...