Monday, November 5, 2007

Feeling sorry for myself?

Yesterday I sat in church listening to a great message while being completely distracted with my queasy stomach. Then it struck me, where is the excitement? With the first pregnancy, everything is exciting. I remember being so grateful for being sick all the time. To me, it was God's way of reassuring all of my fears about the health of the pregnancy. When you lose a baby, there is always a lingering fear it will happen again, so when I was sick and the doctor told me it was a "good thing", I rejoiced. Now, I just complain internally. Ok, Lord, it's the fourth, could I get a break here? Funny thing is, I am confident He knows me better than I do, and in my crazy hypochondria if I wasn't feeling sick, I would assume something was wrong. I know, it doesn't make sense.

Back to the excitement. As I was thinking in church, I want that joy and overflowing happiness knowing there will be another unique, amazing, God-created life in our family. To be amazed and thrilled by such a precious gift, gifts we thought we may never have. The all day "morning" sickness will have lasted a mili-second when it's all said and done. So for now, I want to do more than grin and bear it, I want to be grateful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray that you are filled with joy and gratitude - even during the "all day" sickness phase!

Lisa Gunn Magnus said...

Isn't God good! He always meets us right where we need him to. We will rejoice with you, and by the way I had a dream last night ypu had a girl :)

Bekah said...

Well I'm totally stoked and excited... about the baby that is... not about the sickness!

Lizzie M. said...

Thanks gals!!

Farrah said...

God does know you and has allowed you this “conformation” of a healthy pregnancy. However, that doesn't mean you cannot ask for relief now!

Every child is a different experience because they are a different person. This pregnancy may not hold the same joys in the same ways as the first, but it will adopt new joys and new experiences as it is a new individual growing inside of you. Give yourself a break! God knows you are grateful and he also knows you are nauseous! As He suffered on that cross, He did so not just to redeem us but to reassure us that He too felt the physical, and spiritual, and mental and emotional pain that every human being feels at times in their life. He’s so awesome!