Friday, January 25, 2008

It's too early....

3:45 am: Ryder comes busting out of his room and into ours (somehow my constant pleas for him to be "more quiet" are not sinking into this boy's cranium). "Momma, can I sleep with yous?" First of all let me just get my eyes open here. Again, "Momma, can I sleep with yous guys?". Is this a mafia nightmare, why'd I watch that movie?

Assuming he had a bad dream, I obliged, really I was way to tired to get him back to his bed. He climbs up in bed, in the middle ofcourse and requests "Make room, momma". Again, "Momma, Momma, make room". Dude, don't know if you remember, momma's el preggo and Daddy's over six feet tall, I'll see what I can do. After moving myself to the edge of the bed (Randy wasn't budging, he doesn't exactly wake up real easy-how this works at the fire station is a mystery!), came another sweet request: "I need your pillow momma". Um, dude, once again, can you see how I have these five pillows precariously arranged to accommodate my pregnant self?

Let's put it this way, he fell comfortably asleep about thirty seconds after his sweet little requests and there I was, left with two pillows on the EDGE of the bed. Can someone say tired today?

8 comments:

Lisa Gunn Magnus said...

Isn't amazing what we do for our kids? Sacrfice anything even a good nights sleep. You can't help it, you just love them so much, and love to see them content.:)

Lizzie M. said...

I must say to see him fall contently asleep within thirty seconds was cute!

Deborah Hays said...

Cute...yes. At least you didn't have a foot in your face or across your back or stomach like someone used to do to me. Ahhhhhh the joys of motherhood. Give those munchkins lots of hugs and smooches for me.

Heaps of love coming your way, mom

Deborah Hays said...

Cute...yes. At least you didn't have a foot in your face or across your back or stomach like someone used to do to me. Ahhhhhh the joys of motherhood. Give those munchkins lots of hugs and smooches for me.

Heaps of love coming your way, mom

Bekah said...

Wow. So generous. Um. I'm not when it comes to sleeping. Is that going to make me a bad mom?!?!? ; )

Lizzie M. said...

No, just a little cranky.... :-)

Farrah said...

I just have to say how ironic it is that guys can wake up just fine and take care of whatever needs to be taken care of, unless the woman is there. I find Danny is an unworldly sound sleeper when Lucy shows up in our room bright and early on the weekends but getting up without an alarm clock super early Monday through Friday for work? No problem! Conspiracy much?

TheFitnessFreak said...

You are a better woman than I! The boys so much as crack our door and they get greeted by a pillow:)~ At 3:00 in the morning I'm scarier than any nightmare they're having.