Friday, February 6, 2009

Not much going but a bunch of sickies.

Haven't blogged much lately, we have literally had someone sick in the house since mid January. I am totally. o. ver. it. I've got to say last night was the breaking point for me. Adysen was up the entire night and Gage for almost the whole night. It's difficult when the little ones are sick, they are unable to fully communicate what hurts and it can get frustrating. All I could think about was how bad so many people have it and here I was crying about being awake with snotty, coughing, ear-tugging babies. And yet, if God isn't with me in the "small stuff" how will I ever make it through the "big stuff".


Fortunately Ashlynn put some humor back into my day. She was worried the bean sprouts she had been enjoying for the last several days were going to take up residence in her stomach and begin reproducing (The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, anyone?). She imagined a bean stock growing from her belly button, a prospect that wasn't appealing at all. Quickly, I explained that the acids in her digestive tract would take care of that and just pull the nutrients they needed from them and how healthy they were for her. Well yo know me, that launched an entire lesson about how your body metabolizes food, takes what it needs, stores some for later and eliminates the rest.

"Eliminates, huh?", she looked at me quizzically for a moment and then responded, "Oh, I get it. Kinda like on American Idol and Biggest Loser."

Thanks for a great belly laugh Ashlynn. Oh, and putting certain things into perspective. :-)

2 comments:

Farrah said...

Wow! You deserve the rest of 2009, sick free! I love kids worries and questions and the way they view things and reason. They're so smart:) Best of all, they have a way of bringing light and humor to all situations:)

Blessings on you all to get beaten by the health stick until you're black and blue.

TheFitnessFreak said...

So thoughtful, that little one:) Did you get up early enough the next morning to iron?;}