Monday, January 11, 2010

Freezing cold, birthdays, sunshine.

We finally broke our subzero temps and spiked to 32 degrees with sunshine! I was out running errands and was actually getting stuffy with my scarf, gloves and heavy jacket on.

Frightening, isn't it? Feeling downright balmy at just above freezing? Last time I checked, my postal abbreviation was not AK. Which could be why I spent last Friday drooling over Tucson real estate. I even looked up the fire department....just for kicks. Randy quietly chuckled when I assured him he could hunt elk in neighboring New Mexico and mule deer in northern Arizona. Who needs these monster Kansas whitetails (scary I know this sort of lingo), they have probably all frozen or migrated south anyway.

Thankfully, he knows me better and can still chuckle.

In warmer, sunnier, cozier, brighter news....today is mom's birthday! This fall I took a knitting class and she was wanting scarves, so I knit one up for her.

It's 80 degrees today in San Diego. I'm still trying to figure out her want of scarves....

Apparently, she will need to visit me to actually put it to use.


Happy Birthday, mom! Please come and visit....you have a scarf now :-).

5 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

Hey, we're going to get rain on Wednesday if it's any consolation : )

Deborah Hays said...

I'm still waiting for you to move to Arizona. Your brothers and sisters said that they would live there too. I could see you whenever I wanted. Yeah!!! We say... KEEP LOOKING!!!! ;-)

By the way, I LOVE the scarf!

Love you, mom

P.S. Tell Paula thanks.... I heard from everyone but her.

Anonymous said...

I second the whole Arizona move! I'm sorry but you guys are just way too far away! How about this...you guys move there and we will too...deal?!?!

:) Lindsey

Beks said...

I'm down for AZ!! Let's all go!

Emma Anne said...

Yep, AZ is a winner! You know what's funny is that I hate the heat and really appreciate a good, cold winter (although not North Dakota cold, which is more like what you guys are experiencing now), and here I am stuck in Phoenix where you barely even need to own a sweater, and there you are stuck in colder-than-death Kansas. It's just funny how that works.