Thursday, January 28, 2010

A little glitch...and the results....

So, I know yesterday was the day for the reveal, but...

Randy tore his medial calf muscle and plantaris tendon playing volleyball last Sunday night. Ouch. Big time, ouch. Thankfully, the doctor ruled out surgery yesterday and he is now resting and recouping at home for the next six weeks.

Without further ado, here is how I was spending my time before the injury:


Repainting the kitchen cabinets!



Before:
First I cocooned myself in...I had to sand and clean everything and I really didn't want to dust the entire house when I was done!



This is a way before picture (even before the red walls!):






After:


The new curtains, Ashlynn picked out the material. When I asked Randy if he liked the fabric he replied, "Well, sure, if we lived in a funhouse." Um, hey babe, we have four kids...it is a funhouse :-)!



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks AMAZING! Strong work! Keira tried to redo our kitchen cabinets too...with crayons. Doesn't look quite as nice as yours.

Love and Hugs,
Lindsey

Lizzie M. said...

Thanks Lindsey! I'm worried that the "white canvas" may attract a crayon or two....

Give Logan & Keira big kisses from Auntie Lizzie!

Jen said...

Oooh! I love LOVE luuuuhuhuuuve red paint! It's so cheery:) You're such a talented housewife.

TheFitnessFreak said...

That looks so great! Even Aaron is impressed : ) Good job!!!

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

hummmmm... you haven't seen my newly painted kitchen.. have you? They are TWINS NOW!!!

Looks great.. come by and I will show you mine!!

G

Beks said...

Looks AWESOME!!! It's so bright now!

And tell Randy to stop being such a girl. ; )

Mama V said...

Oh my goodness! I totally love it! Good job!!! So proud of you! And don't worry about crayon - it should wipe off depending on the type of paint you got! :)

Lizzie M. said...

BC-thank! The red has been a breath of fresh air!

Cole-Oooh, thanks A!!

G-Can't wait t see yours!

Beks-I relay the msg!

V-I definitely got the "washable" kind...thanks :-)!

Deborah Hays said...

i LOVE it Elizabeth!! You've always been so daring! I would have never picked red and white when you kids were younger. Remember the white furniture?? Every time I cleaned it all of you thought..... "Hmm fresh new paper... time to draw." I could never keep that darn furniture clean. Your kitchen looks gorgeous!

Love you, mom

I loved Randy's comment... but I liked your response even better.

Lizzie M. said...

Thanks mom!!!!

How did we EVER have white sofas??
I'll never forget them!

Stef Hays said...

It looks awesome! You must just love walking in there every morning! I am so impressed....how in the world you found time to do that is beyond me. You must not sleep....I'm in awe!

Lizzie M. said...

Thanks Stef! Randy took the kids to his parents for an ENTIRE day and I didn't stop! Let's just say I've been to the chiropractor three times since....