Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mom, what's for breakfast?

Ryder was working away in the schoolroom yesterday and showed me what he had drawn on his paper. At the bottom was a house, above that another house, above that another house and so on. Then there was what appeared to be a road with dashed lines and a giant house.

Ryde: "Mom, this is our house on the bottom, the next one up is Jesus', the next one up is mom's, then dad's and there is one for Ashlynn, me, Gage and Adysen."

"It's heaven, mom. See the street of gold. Remember, what you read in the Bible about that we would get our own castle? Well, I drew one for everybody. Do you think we will have our own or will we live together?"

Me: "I'm not sure buddy, but we definitely won't be alone! Do you want your own or would you like to be with mom and dad?"

Ryde: "Oh, um, I want to be with you guys. I don't even know how to make my own breakfast!"

Glad to know he needs us for something!

2 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

That is so sweet : ) What a little pumpkin.

Jen said...

I love it! Your kids are so endearing:) I'm so entertained by stories of them!