Friday, August 6, 2010

The maid or made?

A conversation I had with Gage last night as we he was anxiously waiting for me to finish the dishes. See, he has to wait until the dishes are done for dessert.

Gage: "Mooooooom, why do you always have to do the dishes?"

Me: "I know! Why do I always have to do them?!? I should have a maid shouldn't I?"

Gage: "Yes mama, a maid, you should have a maid!"

As I was basking in the glow that one of my children valued my hard work enough that I was deserving of assistance, Gage's wheels kept turning inside his cute little head.

Gage: "But mama, you made all of this dinner and you always made everything, so you are the maid!"

Just when I thought someone was cutting me some slack......

3 comments:

Jen said...

That is one smart cookie to put "made" and "maid" together! I can just picture him saying that with his head tilted to the side, matter of fact tone - what a riot! P.S. I vote for you getting a night off now & then:) Let Grace take care of it. . ."I got it, Grace, I got it."

TheFitnessFreak said...

That is so cute and so Gage-man : )

Lizzie M. said...

BC-It was exactly as you described!!

I'll work on Grace... :-)