Friday, November 11, 2011

The redo.

There is this slight tendency I have to bite off more than I can chew, so I've been told anyway. Well, here is a project that I started and actually finished within days....rare, I know.

This hutch was gifted to us when we first moved to Kansas from Randy's Fire Chief. He and his wife knew we didn't own much furniture at the time and offered the hutch to us since they were buying a new set. That hutch has served us faithfully all these years and I always wanted to paint it, but with each move, pregnancy, baby, etc, it just didn't make it to the top of the "to-do list". Finally, with the chance at having my dining room actually utilized as such, I put it on the list and have now crossed it off. Yay!

Here it was before (I had started to sand it when I remember to take a pic of it):



And after:




(Pardon the shadows at the bottom, I would have had to clear out the dining room table & chairs otherwise)

This was my first attempt at making a piece look vintage and it was super fun! Alchemy Fine Living has awesome tutorials on You Tube that gave me the confidence to complete the project. I've even finished another piece since, woohoo!

2 comments:

Deborah Hays said...

I love it Elizabeth!!! Even when you lived at home, you and your sister did stuff that I NEVER would have attempted. The things that the two of you did to your bathroom... to the pullman, the floor, the walls... you never ceased to amaze me..... and here you are... still going strong. That's my girl! Love you, mom

TheFitnessFreak said...

That looks really cool!