Monday, January 22, 2007

the great debate......decided

Randy and I were pretty set on sending Ashlynn to a private school for kindergarten this fall. so when an unexpected "wrench" was thrown into our plans we had to readdress our decision. We had intended starting homeschool in first or second grade (it gave some time for the boys to get a little older and me some time to get more organized!), but it seemed wherever I went homeschooling was there. Ashlynn started a dance class a couple of weeks ago and at least four of the other moms homeschool. In our neighborhood I know of at least five families (including the president of MPE) who homeschool. Not that the above are reasons to just jump into it, but for me it was like a nudge from God that Randy and I could do it-even with the boys so young.
We both agreed to pray about it, think about it, and most importantly ask Ashlynn what she would like to do. We presented her options with a very positive light on "going" to school-new friends, teacher and fun-or staying home and having mommy be her teacher. Without a second delay she said "definitely stay home with you, mommy". Randy and I both feel very good about the choice we are making; and if after kindergarten there needs to be some "readjusting" we will certainly tackle that when we get there.
So, here we go........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Awesome. I think you guys will do great! How exciting.