Saturday, January 13, 2007

Mimi & Papa's

Well, after eight hours in the car (two spent sitting in the same spot on the ice covered freeway) we made it to Mimi and Papa's! The kids love coming down here, of course I loved visiting them just as much when I was a kid living in So Cal! Northern Arkansas is much different, but we love to now be within what is normally a five hour trip.
The kids did awesome, with so much time spent in those car seats. We stopped twice so I could nurse Gage and let Ashlynnie and Ryde stretch their little legs. Randy did amazing driving in this icky weather, no "backseat" driving from me, just whispered prayers!
We enjoyed having Paula's ipod and car adapter-made time go by much faster!! Poor Paula and Ember had to remain home this trip, holding down the fort I suppose....thanks.
We're sure to spend the rest of the evening enjoying Aunt Betty's homemade pizza-yum-and torte cake-yummy, sorry Paula, we'll bring you home a piece!

No comments: