Thursday, January 25, 2007

Multiple Mommy Disorder

Ever feel like your personality is constantly changing? You can wake up in one mood and go through five different moods by 9:30am. To blame the kids would probably be a cop-out, though I don't remember having this "disorder" before they were born. However, I never had another person(s) with me for the entire day; especially one that could point out my moods. Case in point, I admittedly have not been playing with the kids much this week-you know, laundry, house cleaning, cooking, running errands, etc.-and finally took some time a couple of days ago to play in their make believe world. After a time of them directing the play, Ashlynn held my face in her hands and so sweetly said: "I like this mommy, your a happy and fun mommy", as apposed to 'too busy mommy' or 'in just a minute mommy' that I had been all week.
When I mentioned the above to Randy, he just laughed. He is well aware of my 'multiple mommy disorder' as I apparently have 'multiple wife disorder' (to be discussed at a future date).
So what's the solution? Letting go and letting go some more. Stop stressing if the house isn't perfect or dinner is a little late. Get to bed earlier!!!! Learn to make every moment count-live life-don't just float through. And in those cherished moments with the kids, thank God for every second we are blessed to have them in our lives.
I will try, but know I will fail at times. It's in that failure that I hold on to the promise of grace and peace that is always available to me.....if I just ASK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate. I suffer from GTD (Getting Things Done) disorder. I'm realizing more and more that getting things done sometimes comes at a great price!