Thursday, March 22, 2007

Good Fun

For my birthday (last Dec!), mom gave me a gift certificate for semi-private lessons with an amazing seamstress at her sewing studio and shop. I love to sew and have been at it for about eight years now, but I needed some guidance with fit and pattern construction (as my skills are lacking in that area). The teacher is so creative and was able to help me make up a pattern for a shirt in no time.
My mind is so full of ideas for patterns, but actually getting them out and working has always been the problem. After a couple of hours she helped put sparks in my brain and made it look so easy to follow through with my thoughts. I can't wait to continue and expand with the info she gave me.
Ok, that my sound truly boring to a lot of you, but I really need to get with a hobby around here. Sewing (mainly garmet construction) has been my main interest since I started and I think it will be a good outlet for a couple hours each evening-hey, beats sitting in front of the TV!!

I'll post a picture of the shirt when I am finished!!

Thanks again mom!!!!!!

2 comments:

Deborah Hays said...

You ae so very welcome!! Keep it up girl, we all need a seamstress in the family.

Love you heaps with lots of hugs, mom

Anonymous said...

I don't think that sounds boring at all!! Very cool. I can't wait to see what you've been working on!!