Friday, June 22, 2007

UV Overload

We have been to the pool a million times now (ok, that may be a slight exaggeration) and the kids are having a blast. Grams mentioned the other day we haven't even left for vacation yet and the kids have already been everywhere. Must say, it is so different living in town and not being pregnant this summer. We basically wake up, lather up and head to the pool. It keeps the house clean (well, if it would if it were actually clean to begin with...) and wears the kids out for a nap (sometimes anyway).

Hopefully the sunscreen is working and I am not damaging the kids skin permanenlty, as I do worry about things like that. My neighbor actually referred to me a s the sunscreen Nazi! Just because I reapply on the hour doesn't make me extreme, does it? At least the kids are used to it; just today Ashlynn wouldn't go in the water until I used the sunscreen stick under her eyes, that a girl!!

Now I just have to take out a loan to continue to purchase the $26.00 a tube of chemical free sunscreen so they don't get cancer from the sunscreen. It's all starting to feel like a vicious cycle.

6 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

When did they start making sunscreen?

Anonymous said...

keep up the good job of taking the kids swimming. I never learned to swim and I sure regret it. That is the best exercise and enjoy all your life,so have lots of fun and keep swimming. Love to all, Grams

Anonymous said...

Hey better to be a "nazi" than to have your babies burnt to a crisp! They can thank you when they are older for their healthy skin!!

What sunscreen do you use?

Lizzie M. said...

Jenn, I use UV Natural (just google it!), I ordered it off ebay (it was five dollars cheaper) and it's awesome!
It doesn't smell like your typical sunscreen-the kids call it the "stinky lotion"-it's not that bad :-)!

It goes a long way and so far has been good at protecting their skin (and mine!).

Also, I use the 'kiss my face' sunblock stick for under the eyes and tops of the ears.

Deborah Hays said...

Hey Elizabeth, I found this great spray on sun protector at Costco. I gave it to Becks for her birthday and she said it works really well. She also said that it is very light and smells wonderful! Just a thought. Love and miss you, mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz,
I am a person from the past.... I will give you a few hints. We met through Randy. Actually Randy and my husband were fishing buddies many moons ago. We were at your wedding.Any ideas yet??? Okay, I'll tell you. Glen and Taya. surprise! Glen was cleaning the garage the other night and found your in-laws phone number and he called them and they told us about your web site. What a beautiful family you have. Would love to hear from you guys. My email is Twotays@yahoo.com Take care, Taya