Saturday, August 11, 2007

Gage Man



Since we were on vacation, I didn't get a birthday post in for this little guy (who is now thirteen months old!!!). Where has the year gone?? He is walking, talking (all gibberish) and comprehending so much now. He can differentiate between toys, throw a ball (alarmingly well) and wrestle with daddy & Ryde.

He's still such a baby too. Without words, he can only use the sounds his little mouth makes to inform us of what he wants. Let me just say, he's pretty good at the "what's taking so long for the food, woman?" sound, as well as "this is not what I want, give me something else". He can make a sing-song sound very much like when I'm talking sweetly to him and now says "pa-pa".

Monday evening I drove Mimi and Papa home, so Gage got to take a road trip. He turned into Mr. Clingy, not wanting anyone else to hold him and if I was out of his sight for more than a second, he was screaming. This is the first baby I've had this dilemma with and I'm not sure what to do. Hopefully it is just a short lived stage! He was probably just spoiled having my attention all to himself for a few days :-).

Just the same, I love my little guy. He is so sweet and giggly, making our day brighter. Love you Gage Man!!!

P.S. The above birthday cake photo is self explanatory; the other picture was taken after he "snuck" into the bathroom at the cabin and emptied a container of powdered perfume-the picture doesn't show how messy he really was. At least he smelled fragrant, I guess....

4 comments:

Bekah said...

I miss him!! He's getting so big!

Deborah Hays said...

I can't believe how big he is getting!! I love the pictures! Give all of the kiddos lots of hugs from me. Love you, mom

TheFitnessFreak said...

Does he look like his daddy or what?!

Deborah Hays said...

I agree with Nicole. He especially looks like his daddy with all of that food covering his face. He must be watching his father as he eats. One of these days maybe you can take them out to eat. :-)

Love you Randy, mom