Thursday, November 15, 2007

Reunion

Back in the days BC (before children) I had a "real" job working in insurance. Tonight I was invited to attend a retirement dinner for one the nicest ladies that I worked with. There were actually a bunch of us former employees and it was like old home week. We had a great time visiting and catching up on the haps; ofcourse, I announced my news and they were all thrilled (I think they figure they'll get another life policy out me!). We all went around the room and shared some memories we had with the retiree and pretty soon everyone was crying-except for me. First, I don't cry that easy-it's a Hays thing; second, why would I cry about someone getting to retire and here nice things being said about themselves??? It was fun, but it made me appreciate my current (and permanent) occupation.

I do not miss, I repeat, I DO NOT MISS having to get up early, dress up and sit at a desk all day.

So thanks Ashlynn, Ryder and Gage, three "bosses" that could care less if I stayed in my PJ's all day :-)!

2 comments:

Bekah said...

Yes, it is a Hays thing - we don't cry.

AND, those of us who are forced to sit at desks rather than enjoy those three sweeties, hate you.

Farrah said...

That is the good thing about kids. They think their mom is beautiful no matter what!

As for Kansas, bio dad wants to plan a trip with us and his stepson to Washington. I don't know when this will happen but when it does, we want to take the train and I promise we will stop in to see you...finally. I will even cook you dinner.