Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Gage and the crib.

All of our kids have gone to nap and bed pretty good, but Gage takes the cake. This kid never even makes a whimper when I put him down for snoozy or night, night.

Yesterday, I announced it was time for snoozyville and he just cruised right up the stairs to his crib, pointed to his noisemaker (for me to turn it on) and reached up for his crib.

At night I will say "time for night, night; let's go brush your teeth." And off he zooms up the stairs, to the bathroom, pointing to his toothbrush. When I take him to his crib he literally dives into it. Randy and I are just in awe of how much this kid loves being put to bed.

Now there has been one minor exception to his amazing behavior: when we are not home. If we try to put him down for a nap on Sunday afternoon at Dale and Linda's, he screams like crazy. One of us has to lay on the bed so he can see us until he falls asleep. And last week at Mimi and Papa's it was a nightmare. Almost every night and naptime Randy had to get him to sleep first or the kid would just scream and scream.

He does the same thing every Sunday at the church nursery too. They eventually have to bring him to us in service because they can't get him to stop.

How can a kid be so easy going at home and a nightmare everywhere else? Is it separation anxiety? How can I help him?

Seeing as how we spend 99% of our time at home, it's not a huge issue, but it can be a little annoying when you get so spoiled with the usual routine.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

He's a little guy after my own heart. Yay for sleeping!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Sounds like Wes except for the screaming part:) I bet if you made a different routine for each place he'd get used to it too.