Friday, February 15, 2008

Credit to the South.....

As most of you know, we have been struggling to find a name for our little girl. The other day, I called Grams to get some family names, you know, maybe open up some possibilities. Here's what she had:
  • Cortie Lou
  • Minnie May
  • Betty Jane
  • Lonora
  • Lura
  • Edwina
  • Iona
  • Iola
  • Lizzie Lonie
Ok, so you get the idea. In more of an effort to help, she referred our dilemma to the "lunch group" at Aunt Betty's. Yesterday I received the following email:

"Lizzie, At lunch today Aunt Mildred mentioned that you were having trouble with thinking of a baby name and needed our help. So she, Mom, Dad, Marilyn and I put on our thinking caps and came up with several. They nominated me to email them to you. Now I know you are probably going to wonder how us simple Arkansas hillbillies can can come up with such awesome, unique names, but we are more talented than most folks think! Anyway, here is our list, trying to stay with the fireman or hunter theme. Feel free to alter the spelling to your liking, also, we won't take all the credit on the one you choose.

  • Hosely---not sure that the shortened name Ho would be all that good
  • Flammabelle
  • Kevlar
  • Ashely--most of us think that would be too close to Ashlynn, might be confusing!
  • Elfira- a good variation of Elvira
  • Sireen or Sireena
  • Engilina- better than Angelina, you know like instead of Angelina Jolie, it could be Engilena Polie! you'd have engine and pole! wow!
  • Enjie- instead of Angi
  • Fira Poe--Dad thought of that one, pretty bad huh
  • Henny Penny
  • Fawn- phillip's favorite- besides being a sweet little animal it could also stand for Fire And Water Now, covers both fire and hunting
  • Feather
  • Bo Arrow- there is a Bo Derik you know
  • Arrowlynn
  • Arrow Lee
  • Coaleen- much btter than coleen
  • Coaleeta
  • APRIL- an acronym for All Purpose Realtree In Layers
  • Camolil
  • Camille-Phillip thought of these last three this evening since he wasn't there for lunch, so he's putting his two cents worth in now

Umm, maybe we better keep thinking! But these are better than the old family names, don't you think? With much love and thoughtfullness, Marla, Marilyn, Grams, Aunt Betty and Uncle Kenny"
*Per Grams, I am also to add Burnice (instead of plain Bernice) to the list.

So Randy is leaning toward APRIL and FAWN, apparently he like acronyms? My vote goes with Cortie Lou or Flammabelle (at least we could just call her Belle).

What would we do without family?

9 comments:

Bekah said...

Oh my goodness. That is so very very funny. I'm crying from laughing. I love our family.

I agree. Flammabelle is awesome and should be chosen.

Lisa Gunn Magnus said...

I am so glad I am not having anymore children. Thank goodness Cara and Jason didn't ask for any help. Pretty creative though you gotta give them that.

Anonymous said...

I don't know! I kinda like the Elfira. That way, I could call her "Elf" or "Elfie" for short.

Paula

Deborah Hays said...

I kinda like Flammabelle as well. We could call her Flame or Flammer. Or how about Hydrant and just say Hy all of the time. Or Bootie is rather cute too. You know, oh your little Bootie is so cute. The list is simply endless. We are so blessed with such a creative family aren't we?

Love, mom

TheFitnessFreak said...

Wow, did they go to school to become so smart and creative? At least you can say they're original:)

Anonymous said...

How about Fahren? You know, short for fahrenheit 451? I think it's gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That was too funny! Now you have too many names to choose from! I have to say I am a little jealous I didn't get that list of creativity when we were fishing around for a name for Keira. Man, did I marry into a great family or what?!?!

~Lindsey :)

corrie said...

Liz- I am sure you will come up with the most perfect name for your little girl. All of your kids have the BEST names!! Remember when our girls were little and we would dream of our future kids names? lol... I have been anxiously awaiting to hear the name of this one. I know it will be great :) Good luck!

Heth said...

Oh, that is hilarious!