Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's really better just not to leave the house.....

We had a great time with Auntie Colie here, check out her blog for pictures as my camera was MIA. Ofcourse, it went by way too fast, but it always seems to do that when family comes for a visit!!


Yesterday I had to run a few errands. Target for contact lens solution, Kohl's to make a return and the bank for a deposit. Actually, Target and Kohl's are two places I try to avoid and now I remember why.

That dreaded "want monster" just starts to take over inside. Every aisle you pass in Target you see something that would be "perfect" in this room or just what I "needed" for that room.

A quick walk past clothing racks at Kohl's makes you imagining a new wardrobe for the entire family. Not that the clothes you already own aren't fine, but these are "better", "cooler", more "trendy".

Seriously, I could have spent hundreds of dollars yesterday on things I totally didn't need, just to run a few errands. It's definitely safer to stay home....or just go to the park.

5 comments:

Beks said...

Don't forget the library. The library is safe too.

Jenn said...

No kidding! I've done so well about staying away from Target...until I was planning for Gabe's party. I ended up with several things we don't need. I took them back last night and felt really foolish. The guy who processed my returns gave me the hairy eyeball.

I just have no willpower when it comes to Target!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Hey, I just got a 30% off coupon from Kohl's and it's burning a hole in my pocket:)

Lizzie M. said...

Thanks Beks, it is our home away from home!

Farrah said...

W-Mart and Ikea are dangerous for us! Oh my gosh and Costco! Who really needs 100 rolls of toilet paper? Maybe a family with...hmmm, just to throw a number out there randomly, seven kids:)