Friday, August 22, 2008

Attempting.

To get things back to "normal" that is.

I keep staying up until the wee hours of the night cleaning and organizing, only to have it seemingly all undone the next day. Why do I even bother??

The basement was the major project, seeingashow that's where Ashlynn does her schoolwork. What's a few cobwebs across the desk or some dead spiders in the corner? Surely we could use them as some sort of science experiment as evidence of radon gas in the basement.

Ashlynn and Ryder are keeping careful count of their toys. In my clean-up craze I announced that we would be eliminating 80% of their stuff. They have absolutely no concept of what that means except mom was "real serious" when she said it and she really likes to throw *cough* give things away.

Thankfully Addie is still averaging ten hours a night, so if I don't get a full night's sleep, it's really my own fault. No wait, I blaming that on the Olympics. The good stuff doesn't even start until ten and it's not as if you can just walk away from 'no commercial interruption live gold medal match beach volleyball'. Maybe next week........

5 comments:

Beks said...

I don't know how you do it! I feel so silly for complaining about my lack of sleep from the Olympics now. I'm impressed!

Deborah Hays said...

I love the fact that my girls are enjoying the Olympics.
Right along with cousin Lis.

I'm glad you're home.

Love you, mom

Deborah Hays said...

I love the fact that my girls are enjoying the Olympics.
Right along with cousin Lis.

I'm glad you're home.

Love you, mom

TheFitnessFreak said...

The summer has flown by so quickly. I wish I was homeschooling, the thought of driving 80 miles a day is exhausting!

Farrah said...

Ah yes, neverending cleaning is so...um...neverending! It never ceases to amaze me how such little people can make such big messes.