Friday, November 21, 2008

Before and After

Thanks to an "inspirational" post over at the laundry pile, I decided to tackle this:




Note the two blenders. My good old Osterizer just plain pooped out on me and my fabulous cousin Lisa gave me her mom's Kitchen Aid blender. Now, I have been using the new one and, um, haven't had "the time" to clean up the old one and store it. You know, just in case the new one really dies and I really need an already sorta dead one that would work in a bind.

Also, I took the picture after I had moved the fax machine and a bunch of papers.

Yes, that would be Gage's head in the foreground foraging through the junk drawer.

And yes, the sign on the wall above the radio reads "Simplify, throw everything out".

My messy excuse goes something like this: "I've had company for five weeks straight and have been faxing papers just about every day for a week and who really has time to organize and pay bills stacked on the counter and....."


So I took the time and here are the amazing results (no, I am not submitting to you the picture of the kitchen table directly behind said area):



Whenever I need to look at the clean, I'll be sure to look up this post.

7 comments:

Farrah said...

The table Looks good. I like the new blog look too. The flowers are pretty:)

TheFitnessFreak said...

Oooh, much better! I need to do that with my catch-all-counter:)

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous....can you come do that to my piles of crap in my house and office? I'd pay good money! :-)

Beks said...

Looks great!!

PS - new blog:

http://www.financialhack.com/

It sucks but at least you'll have updates.

Lizzie M. said...

Stef-I'll be right there! :-)

Lisa Gunn Magnus said...

Wow Liz that looks great, I had the week off and did my laundry room counter. Where does all that stuff come from? Love you guys!

Megan said...

Is it the Hays part of me that is a clutter bug?