Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Weekend

Randy surprised me for my thirtieth birthday (that is so weird to write that number out!) and took me to Big Cedar Lodge for the weekend. We took Addie with us and the kids shared time with Auntie Paula and Grandma and Grandpa. We had a great time, even in the bitter cold, just lounging around doing a little shopping.

The front of The Falls lodge where we stayed.




The Christmas tree in our lodge.



The lodge next to ours at night.



The view of the cabins along the river from our room, lit up night.



The beautiful fireplace.


Our view of the lake.



Our room, feels like home :-).



The tub with a view of the room.




The bathroom with a tree in it.

5 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

I bet Randy liked the bathroom with a "view":) Looks like a great place to spend your birthday!

Farrah said...

What a nice hubby and a what a beautiful place. I LOVE the picture of the three of you. You look beautiful:)

Hope this didn't go through more than once.

Deborah Hays said...

I'm so glad that you had a good time Elizabeth. All I can say is....... IT'S ABOUT STINKING TIME!!!! :-)

Love you, mom

Lisa Gunn Magnus said...

Happy Birthday Liz, it snuck by me. What a great job Rand man did! I hope you enjoyed every minute. It looked beautiful. Love ya lots.
Lisa

Beks said...

How cool is that?!?!? Awesome! But yes, I also have a full grown tree in my bathroom. It serves to oxygenate the house. Doesn't everyone?