Thursday, March 26, 2009

Crust, it's whats for lunch.

One of the joys of motherhood: lunchtime. A time when you give your kids a few options and try to move as quickly as possible before the hungry mob erupts. By the time I am finished feeding four little mouths, including seconds and thirds, I have little energy or ambition to make anything for myself. Now, don't take this as a "poor me, never any time for a real lunch". This is more like a "I really don't care and the crust is already there and....", you get the idea. So, here is what my lunch often looks like (gotta love PB&J):


Though I don't think they actually ate any, here is what the kids made themselves for "lunch" the other day (I think theirs looks more appealing than the crust!):


This one sort of looks like burnt couscous or a pilaf.

Salad anyone?

The table is set.

Ashlynn is a very talented food arranger!

9 comments:

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

I love you Liz, you do not waste a THING!! I would throw it away! :-(

I wonder where Ash gets her "food design" from????

Do we have a Top Chef in the making? too cute
Thanks

Deborah Hays said...

Looks so familiar! I can't tell you how many of those I had. I think that's why I love the heel so much. Good memories.

Jen said...

That is so cute - they made themselves "lunch"! Your crust lunch sounds practical, but awfully meager. Between that & chasing after 4 little ones all day, no wonder you're so svelte!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Maybe that's why you weigh 102. I'm eating crust from here on out! Very beautiful table arrangement! I've heard rocks are good for digestion:)

Lizzie M. said...

Except, girls, I eat the crust of three sandwiches, so really it's like an entire sandwich :-).

Farrah said...

At least the crust is where the "good stuff" is.

Jen said...

Lizzie, I was telling one of my sisters about how cute your blog is & how much it encourages me to see a mom enjoying staying at home, homeschooling, being domestic & taking time to play with her kids. You remind me of my mom & I always felt so special knowing that she really liked being a mom, which seems to be increasingly rare today. Anyway, I just wanted to say how much the way you're raising your family & living your life blesses me & I'm sure I'm not the only one! :)

Lizzie M. said...

Jen, thanks so much! One day I hope my kids will blog stories of great memories filled with family traditions and fun like the ones I read on your blog! :-)

Beks said...

Those look pretty!