Monday, May 25, 2009

One, already!

From this:


To that:


To this:

Addie, how are you one already? Where did the year go by? What fun you have been, your personality has been evident from the start! I am so happy that you not only slept in our bed when you were a newborn, but literally across my abdomen. My rhythmic breathing and heart beat seemed to comfort you and lull you into sleeping just a little bit longer at night. I will always cherish every moment of that. I love that you have two speeds: high and low. You either love it or hate it, there is no middle ground with you. Somehow, I don't think we'll ever have to guess at how you feel about something. Moderate, medium, in the middle, in between, undecided, not sure, maybe, I'll think about it, let me look into that, ummmm, will never be a part of your vocabulary :-)! I love your spunk and determination; I love that you cry for me when I walk into the room; I love you gi-normous smile that could totally light up time square....and I promise you'll grow into to your teeth beautifully; I know I will look back and love that you still get up in the middle of the night with a cry that says "woman, get in here, bring me back into your bed, snuggle me in and nurse me back to sleep, then I'll go back to my crib peacefully"; I love that you can't talk yet, it's so easy to take you anywhere, especially since you don't ask for anything; I love that you love outside, it's mommy's favorite too; I love that you try to keep up with the "posse" around here; most of all, I love that God chose us and blessed us to be your family, we just couldn't imagine it any other way!

Happy 1st Birthday Adysen! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

5 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

I hate this! I don't like that she has gotten so big so fast! Love you sweet girl. xoxoxo

Jen said...

That is SO sweet! I love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing this:)

Beks said...

I thought you were pregnant again for a second! Aww! Addie is so darn cute!

Deborah Hays said...

Sorry Elizabeth!!! Good Grandma I am. Happy Birthday sweetheart. I sure miss you. Love, grandma

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday little one! We love you!

Uncle John, Aunt Lindsey, Keira, and baby Logan

I'm going through Keira's closet and sending you some clothes and shoes!! :)