Friday, May 22, 2009

A Quick Before and After

Here was our lovely fireplace just a few short days ago, note the darkness (den, anyone?) and the beautiful brass fireplace doors:


And now:

The room is soooo much brighter and livelier now! And I must tell about my finds: the "new" fireplace screen was found on craigslist (love that!) and bought for $15 (they were asking $25), the candlesticks were a garage sale find from last w/e-$2 (they were asking $4 each)!! Now I just need to purchase candles....they'll probably end up being the most expensive part of it :-), but hopefully my coupons will come in handy for that!

It was so worth the "elbow grease", now if I can just finish those curtains.....

6 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

That looks freakin' awesome. Tallon said he liked and you picked a very good one. He wishes he had that one too:)

Heth said...

Wow! What a change! It looks fantastic.

Anonymous said...

That looks so great! Looks so much brighter. Good job! Love to all, Grams

Beks said...

Wow! That looks awesome!

Deborah Hays said...

I can't believe the difference!!

Anonymous said...

That looks so good liz!! We are too much alike- last weekend I bought an old dresser for rylie off craigslist and painted it white too. I would LOVE to see you this summer :)

Corrie