Tuesday, May 19, 2009

MIA

Sorry for my absence of late....but, it's been seventy degrees and gorgeous here! Somehow, I just can't seem to drag myself to the basement and blog, check my email, facebook or really do anything that would require me to be indoors. The kids and I have been basking in the sunshine, planting, weeding, watering, biking, walking, playing on the swingset, going for ice cream and fishing (well, the kids and daddy anyway).

Did I mention we have a new roof? This has been a total answer to prayer and something that we have needed for quite a while. Two days of more noise than you can imagine and voila, a beautiful composite shingle roof. Goodbye wood shingles, you will not be missed, nor will the silver fish and spiders that love you.

Hope you all are enjoying these glorious days of spring, catch you soon!

2 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

WHATEVER! It has been unbearably hot here and the thought of going outside is nauseating:) Glad the roof is in tip top shape. I almost begged Aaron last night to let me go to KC. Maybe I'll try soon:) Of course I'm afraid he'll counter with a hunting trip, yikes!

Jen said...

That sounds wonderful! Glad you are enjoying the lovely outdoors with your family:) But I was also excited to see you had posted, too. Thanks for the update!