Thursday, June 18, 2009

Potty Training Boot Camp: Day 4

Those inevitable words have been spoken: potty training. Yes, with the age of three fast approaching, I thought I should give it another try with Gage man. Not that I have ever really tried before, just the occasional random "success" that apparently was never enough to motivate me into full-fledged training.

Monday was the day. The day to start a new way of doing things, so to speak. We began the day with lots of liquids and, initially, the potty chair in the middle of the living room with Cars playing on repeat mode. To my absolute delight, the kid hated the potty chair and only wanted to use the real deal.

Amen. I loathe the potty chair.

It's not the chair itself, I suppose, just the spill over factor and the "I can get it myself and empty it into big toilet" that really gets me. If he wants to do without it, there will be no resistance on my part.

So here we are, day four. Only two accidents, three outings staying dry and two mornings in a row of a dry pull-up! Hopefully we are on to something.....sure would be nice to only have one diaper to change!

2 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

Go Gage, go Gage!

Farrah said...

I'm doing well with my potty training too:) Isn't it funny how kids get stuff when they're ready? I've had to learn with Lucy not to push. She'll do stuff when it's the right time for her. So, three down and one to go huh?