Saturday, July 18, 2009

I know, I know,

It's been forever and a day since I blogged. I realize my lameness, but if you were a fly on my wall, you would understand. You could see it's not all bon bons and soaps. Well, ok, maybe you wouldn't wat to be a fly in my house, you'd probably be dead. Those pesky things have increased in this warm weather and I keep the swatter within reaching distance at all times. The kids are getting pretty good at it too....

Back to my point.

We have been getting read for our annual trek up to the lake and it has been CRAZY around here. So before I go (we leave tomorrow morning for two whole weeks!), I'll give you a glimpse of one of my days this week:
  • 5:45am Wake up, get ready.
  • 6:30 Meet my friend Carrie for breakfast (aside from riding in the car, this will turn into the only time I sit for the day).
  • 8:15 Head back home, make waffles for the hungry kids and hubby.
  • 9:30 Finish up dishes and see Randy off to work for an unexpected overtime shift.
  • 10:15 Pile the kids in the car and head to Old Navy in hopes to find a pair of shorts.
  • 10:35 Give up at Old Navy and try Kohl's. Let's just say a trying on clothes with four kids in a dressing room is....interesting. I'll just leave it at that. No shorts, but I did get two really cute summer dresses for 70% off!
  • 11:35 Get gas (the gas light is screaming at me from the dash), drive through the bank and make a deposit.
  • 11:45 Head back home to make the kids lunch.
  • 12:30 Finish up lunch and get Ashlynn and Ryder ready to go to a friends house to swim.
  • 1:00 See Ashlynn and Ryder off.
  • 1:15 Nurse Addie and put her and Gage down for a nap.
  • 1:45 Pick up the family room and exercise (thanks Colie for the Chalean Extreme!)
  • 2:40 Eat lunch, finally.
  • 3:00 Head up to my sewing room to finish some mending projects for friend.
  • 3:30 Call mom out of frustration, my machine is not doing what I want it to do. She refers me to the manual, um, I guess I could have tried that first. Thanks mom!
  • 4:15 Race out the door to drop off the finished mending and pick up Ashlynn and Ryder.
  • 4:35 Drop off mending, pick up kids, head home.
  • 5:25 Arrive home, speed to make dinner for the boys to pick up (I make dinner Monday-Thursday for Randy's brothers-just a little side job that helps with the grocery bill).
  • 6:35 Randy is home from working overtime and we eat dinner.
  • 7:25 Start on dishes and get Addie ready for bed.
  • 8:00 Put Addie to bed and head out with Gage to pick up a portable DVD player for trip.
  • 9:15 arrive home and put the kids to bed, Randy was not feeling well either, so I tucked him in too.
  • 9:30 Work on some more laundry and pick up the family room, which is a disaster for the twentieth time of the day.
  • 10:00 I can still hear the boys awake and I give them a "warning" to quiet down.
  • 11:30 Head to bed.
There you have it, my life lately in a nutshell. And now we are off the the wilderness of no computers, traffic, dealines, errands, to-do lists and so forth. If I get a chance between relaxing on the shore watching the kids play in the water, going for coffee and the cutest Little Gift House in the world, hitting golf balls with Ran, fishing and eating, maybe just maybe I find some wifi and blog a little. Maybe.

Otherwise, I'll see you in a couple of weeks!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness! I'm tired just reading that. How in the world do you do it??? Moms are seriously multi-tasking masters!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Gee, that sounds fun..........not!
Hope you have a relaxing time at the cabin:)