Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cool it off mommy.

Gage suddenly kicked the habit of sucking his thumb right before I left for San Diego. It was such a shock, I mean this kid loves his thumb like I love chocolate chip cookies. The day I flew home, however, he had picked it back up-apparently he missed his momma!

In an effort to recreate the success, I started applying the no bite nail polish to his thumb to "remind" him not to put it in his mouth. This has been interesting to say the least.

Every few hours he runs up to me, "Mommy, it doesn't taste icky, put the icky on!"

The best was when he got out of bed last night, "Mommy, put the icky on, put the icky on, it doesn't taste icky!" I applied the "icky" stuff to all of his fingers (he insists on this as he started substituting them for his thumb) and then he said, "Cool it off mommy, cool it off!" This was, ofcourse, his way of asking me to dry the stuff.

Evidently he associates everything with food!

1 comment:

TheFitnessFreak said...

How funny! He is quite a character isn't he?