Monday, October 19, 2009

It fits, well....sorta.

Ashlynn has been feeling lousy the last few days and just needed a nice soothing bath before bed tonight. After she was finished and I had washed her hair that is so long now, when it is wet it settles in the bath water when she is sitting in the tub, we ran into a little problem.

I had already put Addie to bed.

Addie and Ashlynn share a room.

I had not taken any jammies out of the room for Ashlynn.

With all of our kids, except one, we have been able to traipse into their room and just short of vacuuming, nothing would wake them up once they were down for the night. Can you guess who the exception is?

Addie.

The girl jumps up like she's be lying there waiting for the moment you creak the door handle. And if you actually make it a couple of steps in the room she really lets you have it.

No problemo, let's just get you something of mine. A t-shirt and pair of shorts will do, just need to roll up the waistband a couple of times and we're good to go.

Wait a second. Did I just put my clothes on my daughter and they're not falling off of her? She proudly pointed them out to Ran before sneaking into bed and he just looked at me in shock....and told Ashlynn she must quit growing this moment.

So many people told me/tell me/will tell me how fast time goes by with your kids, but every single day the speed amazes me. There are moments I want it so desperately to slow down, but then I sometimes think about shoes (& my love of them) and the fact that I have two daughters and maybe there's a chance we could all have the same shoe size one day.....soon.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Awww, she is growing up! I loved wearing my mom's clothes to bed because they smelled like her & I loved that. No matter how many times she washed them, I could still pick up subtle hints of her perfume in her clothes. Now if your girls do end up sharing your shoe size, you're in for so much fun!
I love your stories about your sweet family:) Thanks for writing!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Weird how that happens, huh? It probably helps hat her momma is a size 0 : )

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

Just wait until she is almost as tall as you! My first born will be 10!!! and her foot is a mere 1/3 inch shorter than mine! Yes, she is getting bigger,, but I can't wait for her to pass her shoes to me!!!! but still a sad realization that their time at home is really a short one and a reminder to do the best we can with them!
... by the sound of Addie.. I don't think she will be "sharing" her shoes with you and Ash!! :-)