Saturday, February 13, 2010

My budding designer.

Every time I venture in to my sewing room, Ashlynn is hot on my heels. The girls loves to dig through my stash of fabric and beg for anything I might not need. Last year for her birthday, Auntie Paula picked up a cool kids design kit from the fabric store. It has this little mannequin and Ashlynn loves using all of my scraps to design dresses for her barbies.

Yesterday, she hit the jackpot.

There were several large pieces of fabric I told her she could have and she went right to work. And, instead of her mini mannequin, I let her use the real life size. I'm thinking we might have found some of her natural talent!

Here is her work (she made the necklaces on the pink and multi-colored dresses too)....and....I did not help her at all.








She wants me to wear the pink one for Valentine's Day, I'm thinking the snow and 26 degrees might disagree :-)!

4 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

gorgeous! I see a future Design Star : ) Way to go Ashlynn! I'd wear any of those....

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous girlie! She's got some talent! I'd like to put dibs on the blue one! ;)

Lindsey

Lizzie M. said...

Auntie Colie-You made her day!

Lindsey-I'll let her know! The blue is my favorite too :-)

Mama V said...

I am SOOO impressed! What a talented little thing!!! :)