Thursday, February 25, 2010

Next time, I'll just try to stay home.

Since we are leaving for San Diego on Sunday, I tried really, really, hard to spend as little as possible on groceries this week.

I even avoided going to Costco.

Costco, people. My little home away from home.

Yesterday, I realized my wheel cap had come off. The wheel cap on the wheel on the tire that came from.....Costco.

Hey, sometimes you want go where everybody knows your name....and they're always glad you came....

Since I was going to be there, I might as well pick up one more gallon of milk, and some cheese, oh, and I was almost out of half & half, and those avocados look so good, and those waffle fries would go perfect with dinner tonight.

$45.00 later, I left.

Moving on to today. Ashlynn's shoes are hurting her feet and Gage's are actually Ryder's and are way too big. What's a girl to do?

Did someone say "Target". Cute, cheap shoes, right?

While Gage walked out in his new skater shoes and Ashlynn with the cutest polka dot shoes ever, my bag contained a lime and cilantro (hey, those avocados were just crying to be made into guacamole), four pairs of 2 for $5 flip flops....for the kids, oil and sour cream (wouldn't tacos go good with the guac?) and ice cube gum.

Next time, I'll try to take care of wheel business over the phone, cut the toe portion out too small shoes and stuff the big ones with bigger socks. I might save a buck or two.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That is so funny, Lizzie! My downfall is the dollar bin at Target. I have to speed walk past it and avert my eyes or I'm in T-R-O-U-B-L-E! Guacamole does sound so good today though. Mmmmm. . .

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

Next time call me honey!! I probably have shoes in all sizes that you could have borrowed!!

I made guac the other day and it was sooooooo good... my kids love that for an after school snack!!

BTW: HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME IN SanD

G