Saturday, March 20, 2010

Home.

We're home. San Diego was wonderful. Some quick highlights:

  • My siblings and their families came up to my parents house almost every night we were there, we felt a little bit like celebrities.
  • Seeing the kids run with absolute joy on the beach while finding tons of shells.
  • Sunshine, green things and flowers...all outside.
  • Trying Nicole's raw concoctions....they were really good!
  • Listening to my sweet niece, Keira, sing along with Taylor Swift.
  • Having coffee with my amazing friend and fellow blogger, Jen!
  • Getting my 10 month old nephew, Logan, to smile!!
  • Watching Trevor, Tallon & Wesley get to play with our kids-nothing beats playing with cousins.
  • Remembering what it was like to have a newborn (more on this later).
  • Eating really good Panang Chicken and watching a chick flick with Beks and mom.
  • Seeing all the boys in the kitchen cooking-totally priceless.
  • Eating only the best burger ever, thanks to Mikey.
  • Eating dinner at the table with mom and dad. Every night.
  • Eating taco shop almost everyday.
  • Being impressed by my brother John. Dude, you are a great dad and your wife rocks!
  • Sea World and the Zoo.
  • Casey playing hide and seek with the kids. All I heard was "Auntie Casey is sooo cool!"
  • Watching my grown brothers chase my kids all over the playground...who really wanted to go more?
So much more, will add pictures soon. Back to trying to unpack....

5 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! I made it on the list:) It was SO nice to catch up! That sounds like a fun-filled trip. Bet Randy is already missing the taco shop! Can't wait to see pics!

Deborah Hays said...

I love it when you come.... I hate it when you go! Miss you, mom

TheFitnessFreak said...

You had Panang?!?!? Where was I?? Now I'm hungry!

I'm glad you had some fun. Despite all the rain and sickies, I'm SO glad you came : )

Anonymous said...

Yes we are all glad you came, but can you just come back already?!?! Took Keira to sea world and she was not happy that you and the kids wern't coming with us. We all miss you.

p.s. I did start a blog (per our 'deal') however I'm blogger challenged so it is not so amazing. I need to steal Nicole for a day and get looking nice.

Lindsey

Lizzie M. said...

Ok Lindsey...what's the address? We miss you tons!!!