Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Then you're going to entertain us.....

I was working away in my garden the other day when I glanced over at the parsley to see this:






It was completely gone. Then, I noticed several of these on the stems that remained:




Yep, that would be good old caterpillars. They devoured my herbs, so I did the only thing I could think. From the recycle bin in the garage, I found last weeks' empty spinach carton and rigged it up as a make shift hotel for the little critters.





Well, they couldn't all fit, so Ashlynn, Ryder and Gage each have a "pet". Here is Ashlynn's getting ready to form its chrysalis:



What's that saying, "When you mess with the bull, you get the horns"? How about "When you mess with my garden, you become our entertainment!"

I'll be sure to post pictures when they hatch.

4 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

That's what I would do! Can't wait to see how they turn out : )

Jen said...

FABULOUS idea! Bet the kids were thrilled!

Team Mains said...

I am sorry to report that two of the butterflies were set free by the kids yesterday. They were black and yellow and eager to fly away. There is still one left to take pictures. Hurry home Mumma! We miss you!

Jess said...

Have you started the kids up in school yet? Who's in what grade and how on earth do you do it with four?! You're my hero:)