Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Where's the sprinkles?

While talking to my sister, Bekah, Saturday afternoon, we exchanged "stories" about what cool thing we were working on. She was excitedly getting ready to steam mop her floors, "Aren't you jealous, Lizzie? I mean, I know that's how you want to be spending your Saturday!"

Um, yeah, that's what I wish I was doing...

"Well, I think I might be cooler Beks. I'm trading out the kids clothes. You know, fall and winter to spring and summer."

Silence.

A bit of snickering.

"Yeah Lizzie, cuz we have seasons and all here in San Diego, I know just what you mean..."

So Beks, just for you, you know, so you can see what you're missing out on living in a season-less city:



Ashlynn helping to lighten the mood of the lovely job:


When Addie and Gage heard what was going on they were super excited. I had announced that we were getting out the spring clothes and they couldn't wait to get started, even offering to help with what they could...

Until the bins started coming up from the basement and getting opened.

Where's the sprinkles? You said we were getting the sprinkles!

6 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

Sounds like it's time to have some ice cream : )

We have summer/winter clothes out all year round! We pay a premium for it though!!

Jennifer Brown said...

That's so funny! Now I'm going to think of sprinkles when I wear my Easter dress. :)

Deborah Hays said...

Hey girl.... when did you get the new carpet? I love it! What a difference. Love you, mom

Beks said...

Ahhhhhhh hah hah hah hah hah! Seriously. Awesome.

BTW, I want sprinkles too. Let me know when you find them.

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

Ha! must have been another really cool mom who gave her that shirt!!!!

I feel like with 4 kids.. this is ALL I do!!! ugh!

Lizzie M. said...

G-It WAS a super cool mom!!!! :-)