Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The first harvest!

Yesterday I noticed the radishes were poking their little red bodies from the dirt. The kids came running to see and proceeded to pick our "first harvest" from the garden!


Here they are:



These guys went a bit rogue:



Our lettuces are coming along well too!

Here is the red chard:


I must admit....I have no idea what this is....:


The romaine, my favorite lettuce:

The broken bits you see with the lettuce are egg shells. I read a tip that they can stop certain creepy crawlies from eating/getting to your tender greens. It supposedly slices them right up......let's hope it works!

2 comments:

Deborah Hays said...

I need to get more veggies planted. As always... the tomatoes are already in with someone waiting very impatiently for them to come on.... I won't say who. Looking good!!! I'll have to try the egg shells.

Love you, mom

TheFitnessFreak said...

I really need to get on planting my garden! Thanks for the motivation!