Friday, May 25, 2007

Swimsuit season is upon us...

So, I hit the mall today in search for a swimsuit. Now I had already done my research online and found what I thought to be the perfect suit. It was made by Nike, a tankini, sporty, not flashy, comfortable, but not matronly (I read that one in the review). Turns out the suit is available online only, and they're out of them :-(.

What is the deal with the style of swimwear the last couple of years?? Can someone say plunging necklines and halter tops??
Obviously the people designing these things are not aware that I will be chasing three children around the neighborhood pool; so if something falls out, there will be witnesses. Not to mention trying to teach my children modesty. While looking for a suit today, Ashlynn asked why there were bras and underwear in that department :-).

Last summer I had the wonderful excuse of being prego, so I swam in a tank top (with a swimsuit top underneath) and board shorts-classy, I know. But who cared, I was nine months along.

The pool opens tomorrow, so for now I'll stick with my lovely speedo swimsuit I purchased at Costco FOUR years ago for Ashlynn's swim lessons until I can find a suitable (no pun intended) replacement.

1 comment:

Deborah Hays said...

I'm sorry, the very thought of a bathing suit scares me to death!!!! To get these white, pasty. marshmellow legs in a suit is too frightening to think about. I'll sweat it out in long pants and claim to be protecting my fair skin from the harsh rays of the sun thank you very much! Love, mom