Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Been bugs in the house....

Not the creepy, crawly kind (though Randy would beg to differ). The fever making, body aching, bile vomiting kind. I know. To much information. Such is my life right now.

First it was Ryder, who fevered to 103 degrees and up, ending it with five hours of bile carefully aimed on every towel we could get into his hands. He was so meticulous about it, not a drop landed anywhere else but on that towel(s). After finally being able to maintain his fluid intake, it didn't take long for the recovery. My busy little guy is, well, busy again.

Gage was next. He managed just the fever and only to 101. Honestly, I'm not sure if it's just his molars moving around or the virus, but he is Crabby with a capital C and he is not a crabby guy. Reminding myself of that fact is important for my emotional stability, as the constant whining is trying my patience a bit. When nothing can soothe, it's got to be teeth.......right?

Randy fell victim number three Sunday. High fever, achyness, chills, you get the idea. Last night he fevered so much that he thought at least two-hundred spiders were crawling on his back (the sweat dripping off, I assume). Then he woke me to get him a towel because he felt like an NFL head coach that had just won the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, not the fame and glory part. The part where they dump the cooler of gatorade on him. In my extreme state of drowsiness, I handed him the towel and advised him to scoot away from his now soggy side of the bed; I was waaaay to tired to get up and strip the sheets.

Now it is 11pm, I am exhausted and I need to go to bed. But, it feels good to make light on the last few days around here. Hopefully, I passed the test.

3 comments:

Bekah said...

Man oh man oh man. You are 50 times the woman I am. I'm not sure I could handle that!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Gee, that sounds fun, maybe I should come visit! Not!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your family has been under the weather!! Hope you are all feeling better now!