Monday, March 10, 2008

Sunday funnies....

Sunday morning I was being a good wife and ironing a shirt for my dear, sweet husband. The steam in the iron was on and I had my trusty can of spray starch....I thought.

The shirt was not ironing up well, but it was black, so I figured it was "good enough". Since beggars can't be choosers, Randy dressed without even noticing the poor workmanship.

Then last night Paula came to our room with a tall can in her hand and a funny look on her face. See, the iron is in her room and I left it up-who has time to wait for the iron to cool and put it away before church?

"Oh, no Liz. That was no big deal, but did you use Lysol when you ironed this morning?!?"

Use what?? Apparently in my haste I grabbed the can of Lysol on her dresser thinking it was the spray starch and actually used it to iron Randy's shirt. Now I know Lysol is super potent, but have you ever used spray starch? I hate all those smelly things and just try to get away from them as soon as possible.

We both started laughing until I was crying and we decided we had to tell Randy. He said he wondered why his "cologne" smelled funny after he got dressed, but then forgot about it at church. He told me not worry, I wasn't fired from the job, but there was definitely room for "improvement" :-).

Hey, at least he was disinfected for Sunday morning service.

6 comments:

Bekah said...

Good one! Ha Ha Ha!!

Jenn said...

Bwahahahah! Gotta love preggy brain!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Hey, Randall went to church. Beggars can't be choosers:) Way to make sure he wouldn't get sick!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Remind me to do my own ironing when I come visit!

Lizzie M. said...

I'm definitely blaming this one on the belly!

Deborah Hays said...

Hey, anything to help the boy. At least it gets rid of little bugs and bacteria.......maybe you should spray all of his shirts. :-) I love ya big boy.

Love always, mom