Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sunday funnies....Part 2

We celebrated Dale's birthday on Sunday and we gathered around the table to enjoy some delicious strawberry shortcake and brownies with ice cream (super low fat and healthy, I know!). Linda sweetly offered "Would anyone like a cup of coffee?" The only response in the room came from my three year old son who very seriously replied: "Yes, please. I would like a cup of coffee."
Mimi, I hope you are proud. :-)



Later, in the car on the way home the kids were begging me to tell them a story. Ashlynn asked me to tell her about Jesus dying on the cross with all the details. When we pulled into the garage, I finished the story and started thinking, you know, Ashlynn always says how much she loves Jesus, but has she actually prayed to have Jesus in her heart? It's like, I know I've been over this with her, but I'm going to double check.

"Ashlynn, would you like to pray and ask Jesus into your heart, forever?" Her response was absolutely priceless: "Well, I already let Him in my heart, but I guess I could ask Him too!" We said the prayer of salvation and after a big amen, she stated: "Mommy, we pray that in church almost every Sunday, I just prayed that this morning, I love that prayer."

Wisdom comes in all shapes and sizes!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the coffee breaks Ryder. I am proud of you. I am also very proud of Ashlynn knowing that Jesus is in her heart and always will be. I love these little ones, and Gage too!! Love to all, Grams

Deborah Hays said...

That has got to be the sweetest thing. I just love the pure innocence of little children.

And, by the way, WAY TO GO RYD!!! Don't you just LOVE coffee?!

Love you all, mom

Bekah said...

Aww! Ashlynn's such a doll!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Seems you have a little Starbucks addict on your hands:) I should probably ask the boys that question too.

Farrah said...

I love the way kids love Jesus and coffee. And you know, the two do go hand in hand. I like to watch The 700 Club in the morning with a cup of vanilla creamer....oh and some coffee too:)

corrie said...

That is too funny! It must be the age...The other night rylie and I were reading our nightly Bible story. She stopped me midway and asked me what a sin was. I explained to her. Her immediate response was- Oh mommy you sinned 3 times today! (apparently I'd said stupid 3 times at our computer.) Well, then I asked her if she needed to ask forgiveness for any of her sins today. She thought for a minute and then replied- nope, not today! LOL..priceless :)