Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The good, the bad and the ugly.....

This past weekend the kids and I hit some garage sales in the area and we found some great stuff. The best (for the kids, anyway) was a backyard pool with a slide. Yesterday they convinced me that 78 degrees was "hot" enough to go in the pool and I reluctantly agreed.





As you can see they had a fab time and didn't want to stop playing. By 5:00 last night I dumped the rest of the water out, informing them is was way to cold to keep playing in it. Unfortunately, I dumped the water in the small patch of dirt near the grass and made MUD.

Not so good.

I think it would have been wiser (and cleaner) to have kept them inside the pool. Sometimes I need to think things through a bit more thoroughly....


5 comments:

Beks said...

Good one!

On another note... how on earth did you get that pool home!?!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Such fun lessons to learn:) Glad to know it's a warm 78 degrees somewhere.

Farrah said...

I kinda agree with the kids. When you're used to cold weather, 78 is a wonderful temp to go swimming in. I love garage sales! Sometimes you can find the best treasures. As for the mud, how does Randy feel about prego girl mud wrestling?

Lizzie M. said...

Beks-I have a handy father in law with a trailer :-)!

Jess-He laughed at that one!!

Jenn said...

Hahahah! Love it! What a great mom to let your kids play in the mud! They obviously had a great time!