Thursday, May 1, 2008

RIP, farwell to the earthworms.

Today was BEAUTIFUL and we spent the entire day outside! To sum it up:

  • I pulled weeds.
  • Gage discovered earthworms.
  • I pulled weeds.
  • The kids were swinging like crazy.
  • I pushed the kids on the swings, over and over.
  • Gage discovered earthworms pull apart very easily.
  • I pulled weeds.
  • The kids jumped on the trampoline like crazy.
  • I lifted three kids on and off the trampoline, over and over.
  • Gage discovered he liked the feeling of rolling the earthworms in between his fingers.
  • I pulled weeds.
  • The kids had a beach party in the wheelbarrow.
  • I turned on and off the hose a few thousand times.
  • Gage discovered he likes Mommy pulling weeds as this uncovers mass amounts of earthworms he can tear apart, roll in his hands and place "gently" back in the soil.
  • I washed all three kids hands, very, very well.
  • Thunderstorms started moving in this evening.
  • The kids and I raced around the yard picking up all of the fun of the day (including two full yard bags of weeds!).

5 comments:

Beks said...

EWWW!! How do you not barf!?!?

When you're done with your weeds come over to our place!

Farrah said...

At an outdoor tea party once,at an actual restaurant, when Lucy was younger, she found a potato bug on the ground and was playing with it. Suddenly, she yanked it apart and said, "Look, now there are two!" Kids and nature are funny and a little sad....we held a quick funeral and mourned the fact that our daughter had commmited homicide.

I like the way you wrote about your day, in "your own little world." I think I might just find myself a new Wonderland....worms and all!

Lizzie M. said...

Seriously Beks, it was pretty gross and if I had eaten any time near the incident, it may have come back up. :-)

TheFitnessFreak said...

Wow, what a nice mommy! Maybe I'll have to try that one day;)~

Farrah said...

Hey pooks, did your mom tell you we ran into one another at the salon? It felt so small town, only I was gossiping about myself which I assume is ok:) I didn't tell her but be sure to get a hug from her for me when she comes out! She's so pretty, I swear she looks the same! It must be a blessing to have such a mom huh? Take it from me, hold her as tight as you can and thank her until she gets sick of hearing it!