Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My favorite Gage thingy right now.

Finally, he said it. "Hold you momma, hold you." Though it sounds more like "holdjoo". :-) It is one of my absolute favorite phrases of toddlerhood.

Since the moment they could walk it's been like a mantra to them: "Do you want mommy to hold you?". So ofcourse when they learn to talk it's no wonder they choose that phrase instead of "hold me".

I can still remember the first time Ashlynn and Ryder made their request and I just figured Gage wasn't going to go through this phase. So glad he is.

Just today he asked and I pretended like I didn't quite understand him so he would say it again.

It totally melts my heart.

2 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

That must be a worldwide toddlerism because all of the boys said it to. Too cute:)

Farrah said...

I'm wiping a tear and feeling the need to "hold you". No seriously it's too cute! I don't remember that with Lu. I loved how she called me Mum...it sounded very English....Mum and Diddy:)