Thursday, September 11, 2008

Never, Never, Never Forget

Today marks seven years since the attacks of 9/11 on America by terrorists. For most of us, it's hard to imagine that so many years have passed since then, how so much has changed.

Since 9/11/01 Randy and I have had four children. Randy became a Fire Captain, we moved once, had two siblings get married and welcomed three nieces and one nephew into the family.

Life did not stop, it kept moving forward. For me.

My heart hurts for the lives that were lost on that day, but even more for the families that lost the moments we have had. New babies, giggles, weddings, crying, vacations, bad days, good days and everything in between.

We can't forget. We must press on, though the enemy would desire the opposite, and strive to hold to to the amazing gift of freedom. Let's not be passive and ignore the real and present threat that continues to exist. The people that would love nothing more that to stop all of our lives as we know them.

A big thanks to our nation's firefighters, police officers and especially our US Military for their continued protection. My husband, I know, would have been among those who ran in and not out of those towers seven years ago. I am also aware of the danger that our Armed Forces face each moment in their pursuit to let us maintain "life as we know it".

To all of the families who have lost and sacrificed so much for me: WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

3 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

Amen right back at you!

Farrah said...

I think that's the key. It's so easy to forget why this war started and while no one "wants" war, even in the Bible, "There is a time for peace and a time for war." We must remember most of all that the soldiers are out there, protecting the lives of millions they do not even know! To show such opposition toward them would be to belittle the sacrific they and their families make for us every day.

Deborah Hays said...

I will never, ever forget. Of all things I was hand quilting a quilt watching television really early in the morning after saying goodbye to your dad who was off to the airport to catch a plane. I was watching the news as they showed the first plane hitting the first tower and saying that it must have been due to pilot error. Continuing to quilt, another plane came and hit the second tower. Then I KNEW that it was NOT due to pilot error. I ran upstairs to awaken Paula because I knew something was terribly wrong. And then dad called me from the airport......... I will NEVER forget.