Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Girls Room:

I realized today that I have never posted pictures of the amazing job Paula did in the girls bedroom. They love their farm scene and Addie wakes up each day smiling at the fish, butterflies and duckies. Thanks also to Stef for the crib bedding on loan, Addie just loves snuggling in those bumper pads!



Such a cheery sight for Addie!





Gotta love the pig!



What would they do without a tree to "sit" under?


Every good horse needs a barn, right?


This is the dresser (from way back when) I repainted. Ofcourse, Auntie Paula was commissioned for the stencils.


One of Addie's favorite spots, cuddling with the blankie from Aunite Colie.

8 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

That is so adorable! The nice thing about girls is that you can decorate with pretty things and they actually stay pretty:)

Farrah said...

You know Paula, people make a lot of money doing that (unless you already do). Best of all, people are REALLY lazy and like hiring others to do things for them:)

It's beautiful! I think I'd wake up with a smile too.

Farrah said...

I just remembered Paula was always good at drawing! Sunday morning comic strip....was it Opus? And who was the tiger/cat character. He was orange and black and Paula taught me how to draw his head with the little triangles/back stripes. I still remember how!

Sorry, total memory flashback! Must be all the acid I did...hee hee...that is one thing I DIDN'T try. Afraid of going completely insane:)

Anonymous said...

The room looks so great!! Great job Paula!! The girls have to love it. Love to all, Mimi

Heth said...

Oooh, that is super cute!

Anonymous said...

wow!!! that's great.

phays said...

Thanks Liz!
Talk about memory lane with the drawing tutorials! That cat was Bill from the Bloom County comic strip by Berkely Breathed. Crazy you remember that! lol! Even more crazy, Erin Katz actually worked with the guy for a few years. Remember her?
Painting that room was super fun and I still have some things yet to add to it.

Jenn said...

Beautiful!!! What a peaceful room!