Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's not that bad, really.

Ryder, holding up a half-empty bottle of water, from the way back seat of the car: "Mom, can I drink this?"

Me (trying to drive. at night): "I don't know buddy, is there something wrong with it?"

Ryder: "I'm just wondering if I can drink it."

Me: "Ashlynn, does it look ok to you, I mean is there something growing in it?"

Ashlynn (in a very motherly tone, using hand gestures and rolling her eyes): "Oh, it's fine Ryder, yeah sure, go ahead. I mean what's the worst that could happen to you? Like, you might get a cough or something, but it's no big deal. There could be some germs on it. Or not. I mean germs are sometimes everywhere and you might get a few, but it won't be that bad."

This germ talk when on for, like, five minutes. Honestly, I don't know where she gets if from, er, ok, maybe I do. Anyway, I think he took a swig of it, we'll see if he's coughing in the morning since evidently it's "the worst that could happen".

2 comments:

Beks said...

One day... we'll be living off her doctor's salary.

TheFitnessFreak said...

She just might be a politician someday:)